Monday, September 2, 2019

Welcome to 4th Grade!

Hello Families!

Welcome back to school! I hope that everyone had a wonderful summer. My name is Mrs Karas, and I am very happy and excited to be teaching fourth grade this year. For those of you who are new to J.I.Q., I welcome you, and I look forward to meeting you. For those of you returning to J.I.Q., welcome back! I think this will be a fabulous year!  
 
My goal is to help students to become active in their education so they enjoy learning new ideas and concepts that they can take with them throughout their educational career. I hope to give my students the skills and knowledge necessary for their successful future, as well as instilling an eagerness and enthusiasm to know more and to question why. I want them all to believe that there isn’t anything they can’t do!
 
Please remember to:
  • Check your child's backpack/ homework folder daily for any announcements or school notifications
  • Send in any supplies and the $50 activity fee (Please only have students hand it in to either myself or Mrs. Johns)
  • Encourage your child to read each night for at least 20 minutes to help improve their independent reading level (and record it on their reading log!)
  • Sign up for our classroom communication app 'Class Tag'